Monday, July 22, 2013

Feeling EXTREMELY Blessed.

Wow, time is flying by! I have now been out of school for the summer for almost 3 months, and have been here in the D.R. for three weeks already! Looking at how fast things are going, 3 more weeks doesn't seem like near enough time here. I think it's safe to say I will be crying when I have to leave. God is doing some amazing things here with this ministry and I am so blessed and honored to be a part of it.

This past week has been filled with tons of fun with the kids at summer camp. We got to "travel" to the island of Madagascar and learn a lot about it, including an African dance. We also got to study the story of Jonah, a great reminder of God's compassion for us when we disobey Him and even when we are angry with Him. 

All in all this week went really well! I even got to spend time Saturday at a pool with some awesome Dominican families and children. I had a great time in fellowship with them, even if I did get a little (O.K., a LOT) sunburnt. 

I'm going to keep this post brief and finish it with some pictures I promised of this week at camp for you all. Thank you again for your support.

Blessings.


Here are the kids answering questions about the Bible story we studied this week.

"Madame Fadoo" and "Captain Juan" came to us all the way from Madagascar to tell us about their experiences.

The boat was a little bit too big for the church.


And they hit a storm on the way back to the D.R. so their boat got a little damaged...

Madame Fadoo was nice enough to tell us about what she saw in Madagascar.

And she even taught us an African dance she learned on her trip.

And we attempted it...







No comments:

Post a Comment